Books on General Knowledge:
In today’s competitive environment every body is trying to have knowledge which can enhance it’s mental level capabilities. General knowledge books are full of this fact. General knowledge books are a great tool to enhance the mental ability. Children need such informative books to satisfy their inquiring minds. Students and general people also like to keep such books. General knowledge books actually contain interesting facts that are not known to us usually. General Knowledge Books pdf Free Download from here.
There are many other medias which can enhance our general knowledge like TV, newspapers, internet and many other general knowledge books. Competitive exams, T.V shows etc contains question relating to general knowledge. In general knowledge we have two categories. One type of general knowledge is static and rarely changes. This includes historic information, facts about our earth, climate of earth, the solar system etc. Such information is the same in many General knowledge books. Other category of general knowledge is related to current affairs. It includes constantly changes happenings around us and in the globe.
General knowledge books:
- Facts about our Earth (National Geographic answer book)This book was published by National geographic organization. The book contains facts about our earth and history. Geographic information is also contained in this General knowledge book.
You can download this book from here.
This eBook is very useful for students of CSS and PMS.
General Knowledge about Pakistan
- National Flag of Pakistan was selected on 11th August 1947.
- National Flag of Pakistan was first hoisted in Karachi by Allama Shabbir Ahmad Usmani.
- Area of Pakistan is 796096 square Kilometers.
- Justice Mian Abdul Rasheed took oath from Quaid -e-Azam on 14th August 1947.
- First chief of Pakistan Army was General Gressy.
- Urdu was declared National Language by Quaid-e-Azam on 24th March, 1948.
- First Governor of Punjab was Francis Moody.
- First Muslim Governor of Punjab was Sardar Abdur Rab Nishtar.
- Iftikhar Hussain Mamdot was the first Chief Minister of Punjab.
- Ghulam Hussain Hidayatullah was the first Governor of Sindh.
- Ayub Khoro was the first Chief Minister of Sindh.
- Pakistan was given membership of UNO on 30th September 1947.
- Music of National Anthem of Pakistan was made by Abdul Kareem Chagla.
- Writer of National Anthem of Pakistan is Hafeez Jalandhari.
- National Anthem of Pakistan was first recited by Hafeez Jalandhari.
- First coin currency of Pakistan was issued on 3rd January 1948.
- State Bank of Pakistan was inaugurated on 1st July 1948.
- National Flag of Pakistan was designed by Amir-ud-din Qudwai.
- First Postal stamp of Pakistan was issued on 9th July 1948.
- Minar-e-Pakistan was Architected by Murad Khan.
- The Cornerstone of Minar-e-Pakistan was laid by Akhtar Hussain (Governor of West Pakistan) on 23rd March 1960.
- Islamabad was made Capital of Pakistan on 1st August 1960.
- First museum of Pakistan was built in Karachi.
- First Railway Station of Pakistan was in Lahore.
- Punjab University was built in 1882.
- Largest Library of Pakistan is Library of Punjab University.
- National Identity card scheme was started in Pakistan on 1st July 1973.
- First general election were held in Pakistan on 7th December 1970.
- Switzerland of Pakistan is Sawat.
- Manchester of Pakistan is Faisalabad.
- Largest lake of Pakistan is Manchar Lake.
- Red cross society was established in Pakistan on 20th December 1947.
- Mango is the largest fruit commodity of Pakistan.
- First foreign head quarter established in Pakistan was of Great Britain.
- Zahid Hussain was the first Governor of State Bank of Pakistan.
- Sir Abdur Rasheed was the first Chief Justice of Pakistan.
- Mr. Khan F.M.Khan (25th March, 1956) was the Chief Election Commissioner of Pakistan.
- United Bank (First Bank of Pakistan) was built on 7th August 1947.
- General Mohammad Sharif was the chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee.
- Sardar Ibrahim Khan was the first President of Azad Jammu & Kashmir.
- Abdul Hamid Khan was the first Prime Minister of Azad Jammu & Kashmir.
- Lt. General Riaz Hussain was the First Governor of Baluchistan.
- Attaullah Mengal was the First Chief Minister of Baluchistan.
- Harappa was discovered in 1920-21.
- Mohenjo-daro was rediscovered in 1922.
- Mehrgarh is the most ancient archaeological site in Pakistan. It is categorized in Pre-Harappan culture of Indus Valley civilization.
- Chagai is the largest district of Pakistan.
- Number of districts in Punjab is 36.
- Number of districts in Sindh is 24.
- There are 32 districts in Balochistan.
- KPK province constitutes 26 districts.
- Coastline of Pakistan is 1046 Km long.
- Nanga Parbat is also known as the Killer Mountain.
- Largest district of Pakistan is Chagai. It covers an area of 44,748 sq Km.
- Punjab Public Library is the largest library in Pakistan.This was some basic general knowledge about Pakistan. You can share your general knowledge about Pakistan and world in the comments section.
You can also download Nutrition Concepts And Controversies 13th Edition PDF by clicking here…