Idioms and Their use: We have collection of Idioms List with Meanings and sentences for students to learn. Below is a list of commonly used idioms and their use. It is best for students and new English learners to study it. Commonly used Idioms. Idiom: a manner of speaking that is natural to native speakers of a language. Every language has its own collection of wise sayings. They offer advice about how to live and also transfer some underlying ideas, principles and values of a given culture / society.
Idioms and their meanings:
These sayings are called “
Like English idioms Urdu idioms also have a totally different apparent meaning. So it sometimes becomes very difficult to grasp the true meaning and concept of spoken sentences. Urdu Muhavare Kahawatain are usually called as Zarbul Imsaal. Given below is list of hundreds of Urdu idioms and phrases along with their meaning in Urdu language.
The examples of some of the Urdu Muhavare Kahawatain (idioms and phrases) in Roman Urdu are as follows.
- Apni Apni Dafli Apna Apna Raag.
- So Sunar Ki Aik Lohar Ki.
- Saanjhy Ki Haandi Churahe Mai Phooty.
- Andha Baanty Revrian Apnon Hi Ko Dey.
- Ankh Ka Andha Ganth Ka Pura.
- Aik Karela Dusra Neem Charha.
- Okhli Main Dia Sir To Moslon Se Kya Dar.
- Oonghty Ko Thelty Ka Bahana.
- Bandar Kya Jane Adrak Ka Sawad.
- Ount Ky Moun Mai Zera.
- Jo Bidh Gya So Moti Reh Gya So Kankar.
[table id=2 /]
You can also download”Idioms List with Meanings and sentences” by clicking Here.